Thursday, December 2, 2010

The Rag Quilt and Lack of Photos

I did somemore work on the rag quikt today, sewing the layers of flannelette squares together for the blocks. Almost done that part - tomorrow for sure! Then the funnest part starts. I get to lay out all the blocks in the shape of the quilt, arranging and re-arranging them until the final design emerges. All these pretty dots and stripes and birdies and flowers ... can't wait to see how they mix together! The giraffe and flower panel needs to be quilted and it's always fun deciding on a quilting design too. After that, it's just a matter of stitching all the blocks together then clipping all the exposed edges.

Then the unveiling happens. The quilt will go in the laundry a few times to rag the exposed clipped edges - and thereby revealing the charm of a rag quilt. I can't wait!

----------

My apologies to everyone for keeping you waiting for photos. I'm still trying to figure out how to get them on here. I'm about to give up and get some help. This is supposed to be easy haha.

1 comment:

  1. ...waiting for it....of course I will get to stand up holding the quilt while hiding behind it so that Steph can take pictures....LOL

    B

    ReplyDelete